Website The Atchison Hospital
We are seeking an LPN/Medical Assistant for our Horton Clinic. As an LPN/Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative and clinical support to ensure efficient operation of the clinic. You will support Providers and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization, and communication.
- Greet patients and prepare them for Provider examination
- Administer medication, vaccinations, allergy shots, skin tests as directed by Provider
- Enter data into electronic medical record
- Schedule referrals, consultations, and tests as directed by Provider
- Assist Provider with office procedures
- Clean and stock rooms
- Answer phone, schedule appointments, take messages, etc.
- Communicate with insurance companies to provide prior authorizations, pre-certifications, etc.
- Kansas Licensed Practical Nurse license or Medical Assistant certification or registration
- BLS certification
- Proven working experience as a LPN or Medical Assistant
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and electronic medical record
- 1 to 3 years’ experience
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To apply for this job please visit atchisonhospital.org.